Chris Gatziolis is an experienced management and financial consulting professional with prior work experience in audit with a Big Four public accounting firm. Chris is also a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the State of Illinois. Chris’ strengths include complex financial modeling, analyzing large datasets, financial statement analysis, designing indirect cost rates, proposal preparation, and having extensive knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and the U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Since joining Victura Consulting in 2019, Chris has worked with clients across an array of industries, including: manufacturing, engineering and defense, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, and technology, media, and telecommunications. A few examples of client engagements that Chris has participated in include:
- Assisted client management of a Fortune 500 technology company with the review and preparation of their incurred cost submission (ICS). Specifically, reviewed and identified the corporate home office (CHO) functions and departments that benefit their CAS covered segment; and subsequently, helped management design and implement the applicable CAS compliant cost allocation methodologies.
- Supported an engineering and defense company with the quantification of cost impacts to historical ICS as a result of internal accounting practice changes (i.e., cost structure and indirect rate changes).
- Assisted an IT engineering and systems integration company with the preparation of their cost/price proposal for a United States Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) procurement. Specifically, assisted with the pricing strategy, internal profitability analyses, development of pricing volume (pricing models, audit support files, basis of estimates narrative, etc.), review and incorporation of pricing from various subcontractors, small business goal analyses, etc.
- Performed a gap assessment for a materials manufacturer that moved their Government contract operations to another business unit/facility. Additionally, helped the client to implement corrective actions to address the government contract compliance and accounting gaps identified.
- Aided an IT engineering and systems integration company with the preparation of multiple Request for Equitable Adjustment (REA) Proposals as a result of the General Services Administration (GSA) determining that the unfinalized pricing terms of the contract were to be changed to cost reimbursable (CR) from firm-fixed price (FFP).
- Assisted an engineering company with the preparation of a REA Proposal as a result of a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) caused delay in obtaining the environmental permits necessary to perform the contract.
Prior to joining Victura Consulting, Chris began his career as an audit associate with Deloitte & Touche LLP within their Chicago, IL office. During his time with Deloitte & Touche, Chris’ key technical and professional responsibilities included the following: auditing annual financial statements; performing substantive and analytical testing over datasets supporting the financial statements; auditing internal controls over financial reporting including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404; and providing recommendations for improved controls and enhanced business efficiency.
Chris earned a B.S. in Business Administration from Marquette University, with a double major in Accounting and Finance. Chris graduated from Marquette University magna cum laude in May 2017.