Careers with Victura Consulting
Victura Consulting is a Chicago-based management consulting firm that works to help federal government contractors tackle the challenge of complying with the broad and complex set of accounting and finance oriented regulations that must be met, while at the same time bringing a business minded approach.
Victura professionals are government contract accounting compliance subject matter experts and as a result we have been engaged by clients that represent a wide array of industries including manufacturing (high-tech electronics & communications, defense, pharmaceuticals, medical supplies & equipment, office furniture, etc.), professional services (engineering, architecture, construction, IT integrators, etc.) and health insurers to name a few.
At Victura, we will put your skills to use starting on day one. Victura is seeking energetic, self-motivated, detail oriented individuals with strong interpersonal skills, to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and clients. We are currently looking for the following full-time positions (for our Chicago office) which include competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, 401K and the potential for annual bonuses.
Victura Consulting LLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
In this role, you will support Victura Management and our clients throughout the life-cycle of an engagement / project and will assist with the following primary efforts (not all inclusive):
- Performing analyses / developing financial models
- Assist clients in the preparation of their proposals for government contract opportunities
- Interpreting and applying federal government procurement regulations
- Designing and developing Indirect Cost Rate structures
- Accounting system assessment, design, redesign, and enhancement
- Post-award/contract administration
- Responding to and rebutting Government audits, disputes, and investigations
- Serve as a client point of contact to coordinate engagement activities and deliverables
- Supervise, mentor, and develop the skills of Consultant staff
- Assist in the management of various engagement objectives and day-to-day tasks
- Analyze financial data and complete complex analyses
- Develop an understanding of our clients’ business, operational and accounting practices
- Prepare and present written analyses, reports, and presentations to clients
- Utilize creative problem-solving techniques
- Apply accounting, financial, and analytical skills to various client situations
- Ensure timely completion of project deliverables while maintaining a high quality of product
- Perform regulatory, technical, industry, and company research utilizing online tools and resources
Skills / Experience Requirements
- 3 or more years of experience in audit, accounting, or financial analysis role
- Detailed understanding of financial modeling design and development
- Prior experience in a professional services organization or public accounting is preferred
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal), time management, presentation and organizational skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft SQL or Access is preferred.
– Note: prior Government Contracts experience is NOT required (applicable training will be provided)
Education / Other Requirements
- Must have at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA, CFA, CFE, CMA or CFCM designations preferred
- Must be willing to travel for work
- Must be willing to work from Victura’s Chicago office
Interns will have the opportunity to work on many of the same types of tasks and assignments (both client and non-client related) as our full time Consultants perform during their first year working with us. Interns will be expected to support senior staff by assisting with analyses, developing financial models, preparing charts, tables, graphs; working with large data sets and databases; assisting with developing deliverables for Management and/or Client review; interacting directly with client personnel (email, phone, face-to-face); creating presentational materials; and performing industry related research. Interns will be assigned responsibility for specific tasks and deliverables and are expected to independently coordinate with colleagues and clients to meet internal and client goals and deadlines. This position will provide an opportunity to further develop quantitative and analytical skills through the use of various software tools (e.g., Excel, Access, SQL, etc.) and may result in a full time job offer. Must be willing to travel for work during internship.Apply
- Experience Required:
- Prior educational experience, work experience and/or extracurricular experiences that demonstrate strong analytical skills, leadership, initiative, attention to detail, problem solving and resourcefulness.
- Degrees Required:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or similar discipline; Target graduation within one (1) year